Male Infertility for the Clinician
This concise, truncated version of Parekattil and Agarwal’s Male Infertility: Contemporary Clinical Approaches, Andrology, ART & Antioxidants is the first resource dedicated solely to clinical issues of infertility.
Antioxidants in Male Infertility
This concise, truncated version of Parekattil and Agarwal’s Male Infertility: Contemporary Clinical Approaches, Andrology, ART & Antioxidants is the first resource dedicated solely to antioxidants and male infertility.
A ground-breaking contribution to the literature, Male Infertility: Contemporary Clinical Approaches, Andrology, ART & Antioxidants offers a comprehensive review of well-established, current diagnostic and treatment techniques for male infertility.
The purpose of this book is to define the basis of telemicrosurgery, a new discipline at the border of robotics and microsurgery. After the history of robotics and microsurgery, the robots and their instrumentation will be described. The chapters will explain the training in telemicrosurgery and then propose some experimental paradigms.
Robotic Prostate Cancer Surgery
Da Vinci Prostatectomy is the #1 choice for treatment of localized prostate cancer in the United States, and is rapidly being chosen by more men, as well as their doctors, worldwide. Da Vinci Prostatectomy is a minimally invasive, robotic-assisted surgical procedure that removes the cancerous prostate gland and related structures superior to open surgery.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Won JH, Parekattil SJ, Davidson SD, Luddy JS, Choudhury MS, Mallouh C, Tazaki H, Konno S. Ammonium-chloride-induced prostatic hypertrophy in vitro: urinary ammonia as a potential risk factor for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Urol Res. 1999 Oct;27(5):376-81.
- Parekattil SJ, Fisher HA, Kogan BA. Neural network using combined urine nuclear matrix protein-22, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and urinary intercellular adhesion molecule-1 to detect bladder cancer. J Urol. 2003 Mar;169(3):917-20.
- Parekattil SJ, White MD, Moran ME, Kogan BA. A computer model to predict outcome and duration of ureteral or renal calculus passage. J Urol. 2004 Apr;171(4):1436-9.
- Parekattil SJ, Kuang W, Agarwal A, Thomas AJ. Model to predict if a VasoEpididymostomy will be required for Vasectomy Reversal. J Urol. 2005 May;173(5):1681-4
- Parekattil SJ, Gill IS, Castle EP, Burgess SV, Walls MM, Thomas R, Kumar U, Purifoy JA, Ng CS, Kang Y, Fuchs GJ, Weise ES, Winfield HN, Lallas C, Andrews PE. Multi-institutional validation study of neural networks to predict duration of stay after laparoscopic radical/simple or partial nephrectomy. J Urol. 2005 Oct;174(4 Pt 1):1380-4
- Parekattil SJ, Kuang W, Kolettis PN, Pasqualotto FF, Teloken P, Teloken C, Nangia AK, Daitch JA, Niederberger C, Thomas AJ Jr. Multi-institutional validation of vasectomy reversal predictor. J Urol. 2006 Jan;175(1):247-9.
- Parekattil SJ, Kumar U, Hegarty NJ, Williams C, Allen T, Teloken P, Leitao VA, Netto NR, Haber GP, Ballereau C, Villers A, Streem SB, White MD, Moran ME. External validation of outcome prediction model for ureteral/renal calculi. J Urol. 2006 Feb; 175(2):575-9.
- Kaouk JH, Hafron J, Parekattil S, Moinzadeh A, Stein R, Gill IS, Hegarty N. Is retroperitoneal approach feasible for robotic dismembered pyeloplasty: initial experience & long-term results. J Endourol. 2008 Sep; 22(9):2153-9.
- SJ Parekattil,MS Cohen, JW Vieweg. Human robotic assisted bilateral vasoepididymostomy and vasovasostomy procedures: initial safety and efficacy trial. Proc. SPIE, 2009 Feb; Vol. 7161, 71611L (2009); DOI:10.1117/12.808624
- SJ Parekattil, P Dahm, JW Vieweg. Hemostatic hydrodissection of the neurovascular bundles during robotic assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: safety and efficacy trial Proc. SPIE, 2009 Feb; Vol. 7161, 71611K (2009); DOI:10.1117/12.808619
- Parekattil SJ, Yeung LL, Su LM: Intraoperative tissue characterization and Imaging. Urol Clin North Am. 2009 May;36(2):213-2
- Parekattil SJ. Clampless Robotic or Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy using the Habib RFA Coagulator. US Urology. 2009 Aug; 4:41-3.
- Parekattil SJ, Atalah HN, Cohen MS. Video technique for human robotic assisted microsurgical vasovasostomy. J Endourol. 2010 Apr;24(4):511-4.
- Parekattil SJ, Cohen MS: Robotic Microsurgery in Male infertility and Chronic Orchialgia. Curr Opin Urol. 2010 Jan;20(1):75-9. Review.
- Parekattil SJ: Hydro-Jet Technology New Technologies in Urology, 2010 Jan
- Parekattil SJ, Moran M: Robotic Instrumentation: Evolution & Microsurgical Applications Special symposium-Novel instrumentation in urologic surgery. Indian J Urol. 2010 Jul;26(3):395-403.
- Tighe PJ, Badiyan J, Luria I, Lampotang S, Parekattil S: Robot-assisted Regional Anesthesia: A Simulated Demonstration. Anesth Analg. 2010 Sep;111(3):813-6. Epub 2010 Jun 25.
- Tighe PJ, Badiyan J, Luria I, Lampotang S, Parekattil S: Robot-Assisted Airway Support: A Simulated Case. Anesth Analg. 2010 Oct;111(4):929-31.
- Parekattil S, Ellen JH, Priola KB, Atalah HN, Cohen MS: Video technique of Single Port and Abdominal Robotic Microsurgical Neurolysis for Chronic Groin Pain or Orchialgia. Journal of Endourology, Part B: Videourology, January 2011. doi: 10.1089/vid.2010.0118
- Parekattil SJ, Cohen MS: Robotic microsurgery 2011: male infertility, chronic testicular pain, postvasectomy pain, sports hernia pain and phantom pain. Curr Opin Urol. 2011 Mar;21(2):121-6.
- Penn HA, Windsperger A, Smith Z, Parekattil SJ, Kuang WW, Kolettis PN, Nangia AK: National semen analysis reference range reporting: adherence to the 1999 World Health Organization guidelines 10 yrs later. Fertil Steril. 2011 Jun;95(7):2320-3
- Bazzi W, Allaf ME, Berkowitz J, Atalah HN, Parekattil SJ, Derweesh IH: Multicenter experience with non-ischemic multiport laparoscopic single-site non-ischemic partial nephrectomy utilizing bipolar radiofrequency ablation coagulator. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy, 2011;2011:636537. Epub 2011 Jun 20.
- Fyock CJ, Parekattil SJ, Atalah H, Su LM, Forsmark CE, Wagh MS: NOTES Approach to Management of Urinary Bladder Injury. Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, 2011 Jul-Sep;15(3):285-90.
- Parekattil SJ, Ellen JH, Priola K, Atalah HN, Cohen MS: Video Technique for Robot-Assisted Microsurgical Subinguinal Varicocelectomy. Journal of Endourology Part B, Videourology. November 2011, 25. doi: 10.1089/vid.2011.0011
- Parekattil SJ, Brahmbhatt JV: Robotic approaches for male infertility and chronic orchialgia microsurgery. Curr Opin Urol. 2011 Nov;21(6):493-9.
- Ramasamy R, Sterling J, Li PS, Robinson BD, Parekattil S, Chen J, Felsen D, Mukherjee S, Schlegel PN: Multiphoton imaging and laser ablation of rodent spermatic cord nerves. Journal of Urol, Feb 2012.Cov article.
- Parekattil SJ, Gudeloglu A, Brahmbhatt J, Wharton J, Priola KB: Robotic Assisted Verses Pure Microsurgical Vasectomy Reversal: Technique & Prospective Database Cohort Trial. J Reconstr Microsurg. 2012 Sep;28(7):435-44.
- Parekattil SJ, Gudeloglu A.: Robotic assisted andrological surgery. Asian J Androl. 2013 Jan;15(1):67-74. doi:10.1038/aja.2012.131. Epub 2012 Dec 17.
- Parekattil SJ, Gudeloglu A, Brahmbhatt JV, Priola KB, Vieweg J, Allan RW: Trifecta Nerve Complex – Potential Anatomic Basis for Microsurgical Denervation of the Spermatic Cord for Chronic Orchialgia. J Urol. 2013 Jul;190(1):265-70.
- Gudeloglu A, Parekattil SJ: Update in the evaluation of the azoospermic male. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2013;68 Suppl 1:27-34.
- Pugh JW, Parekattil SJ, Hemal A, Stifelman M, Su LM: Perioperative outcomes of robot-assisted nephron- ureterectomy for upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma: a multi-institutional series. BJU Int. 2013 Aug;112(4):E295-300. doi: 10.1111/bju.12163.
- Liverneaux PA, Hendriks S, Selber JC, Parekattil SJ: Robotically assisted microsurgery: development of basic skills course. Arch Plast Surg. 2013 Jul;40(4):320-6. doi: 10.5999/aps.2013.40.4.320. Epub 2013 Jul 17.
- Laudano M, Parekattil SJ, Li P: Microsurgical Denervation of Rat Spermatic Cord: Safety and Efficacy Data. BJU Int. 2013 Aug 23. doi: 10.1111/bju.12421.
- Trost L, Parekattil S, Wang J, Hellstrom WJ: Intracorporeal Robot-Assisted Microsurgical Vasovasostomy for the Treatment of Bilateral Vasal Obstruction Occurring Following Bilateral Inguinal Hernia Repairs with Mesh Placement. J Urol. 2013 Dec 11. (Epub)
- Brahmbhatt JV, Gudeloglu A, Liverneaux P, Parekattil SJ: Robotic Microsurgery Optimization. Arch Plast Surg 2014;41:1-7
- Parekattil SJ, “Robotic Microsurgery for Male Infertility & Chronic Orchialgia”, nBeyond the abstract, Urotoday 2010 Mar
- Parekattil SJ, “Caution in Using Testosterone in Men Trying to Conceive”, Florida MD Magazine 2010 Jul
- Parekattil SJ, “Novel minimally invasive treatment option for boys with chronic testicular pain – Robotic assisted neurolysis of the spermatic cord”, Florida MD Magazine 2010 Aug
- Parekattil SJ, “New Technology: Prospective Control Trial of Robotic assisted versus pure Microsurgical Vasectomy Reversal”, Florida MD Magazine 2010 Sept
- Parekattil SJ, “Enhanced Prostate Cancer Detection Using 3D ultrasound image guided fixed platform trans-rectal Prostate Biopsy”, Florida MD Magazine 2010 Oct
- Parekattil SJ, “Male infertility: Current concepts and New Robotic Microsurgery Treatment options – Part One”, Horizons Magazine 2011 Jul
- Parekattil SJ, “Male infertility: Current concepts and New Robotic Microsurgery Treatment options – Part Two”, Florida MD Magazine 2011 Aug
- Parekattil SJ, “Male infertility: Current concepts and New Robotic Microsurgery Treatment options – Part Three”, Florida MD Magazine 2011 Sept
- Parekattil SJ, “Male infertility: Current concepts and New Robotic Microsurgery Treatment options – Part Four”, Florida MD Magazine 2011 Oct
- Parekattil SJ, “Robotic Microsurgery: What’s the Fuss & how could it help?”, Florida MD Magazine Mar’12
- Parekattil SJ, “The future of robotic microsurgical training”, Florida MD Magazine Apr’12